fun with tableau

The following is an image I created in Tableau for our Marketing & Customer Analytics homework. We identified three clusters for a marketing campaign. We had too may variables to come up with a nice scatterplot, so I opted for profiling the clusters through the means for each variable. I was pretty happy with how clean it looked, although I did debase myself somewhat by adding a pie chart.

coming soon

I’ve decided to start teaching myself D3 in JavaScript. Since I don’t technically know JavaScript, this will be an adventure. Thankfully there is a tutorial for people like me over at Scott Murray’s website, alignedleft.com.

I plan to work through the tutorials and post my results up here - hopefully with some interesting tweaks so they’re not just copies of the tutorials. We’ll see!